Parallel veagent disk objects restore support

Parallel veagent disk objects restore support

This is enhancement request to support parallel restore of virtual machines disks with the Virtual Environment Protection Agent (VEPA). The Data Protector Virtual Environment integration. (VEPA) restore session with multiple streams runs sequentially instead of in parallel. The next media agent does not even start until the previous one begins.

7 Comments
GarySJOG Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

I would like to note that this feature is even more import with the VEPA backup being able to backup in parallel multiple VMDK disks.

I think is is very important feature for a future release. 

zidercol
New Member.

I'm very surprised that this still don't realised.

ravil_ Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Related Enhancement Requests:

[QCCR2A70490]: 'Parallel veagent disk objects restore support

Submitted : 2016-Oct-06

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi @skochavara,

What is the progress on this important item? It seems this is still not implemented while there is a constant high demand in the field. The new variable OB2_VEAGENT_THREADED_RESTORE is only for H3C but this would be way more important for all customers using the general VEPA (VMware) integration.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Sebastian,

We are planning to bring this item to the engineering team for review to determine if its possible to add to a future release. 

-Sheetal

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.