Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Pavel_S Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Obviously, It should be implemented without getting any votes

ICTSFI Contributor.
Contributor.

Any news on this topic? I find it frustrating that I'm unable to upgrade because of the backup software. The competition already supports Server 2019. VM Explorer feels like abandonware since it was moved from HPE to MicroFocus. If VM Explorer is not going to get any updates, customers need to know! I would really like to keep using VM Explorer because of the price and the functionality.

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

This idea is currently being tested by engineering, will provide an update shortly on the outcome of the testing. 

Martijn G
Established Member.

Any news yet?

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hello,

Please confirm if you are looking for Hyper-V 2019 with VMX or just Windows 2019 with VMX?

Thanks,
Sheetal

ICTSFI Contributor.
Contributor.

We want to run VMX on a Windows Server 2019 (datacenter) node with Hyper-V role applied.

Martijn G
Established Member.

I should think we all want both.

Run VMX on Windows 2019 Server and backup VM's from Hyper-V 2019.

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Yes, however your first priority is VMX on Windows 2019? 

Testing with VMs from Hyper-V 2019 didn't pass hence we might require code changes. 

ICTSFI Contributor.
Contributor.

We want to back-up Hyper-V VM's. But VMX is running on the hypervisor not on a virtual machine.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.