Request for removing warnings query from session report

Idea ID 2702267

Request for removing warnings query from session report

DP 9.x wasn’t even reporting that acl’s were not supported on NFS in DP9, where as in DP 10.x, it is reporting.
Customer understand that backup of extended attributes is not supported by RHEL, but actually we are backing up the files, just not the extended attributes.

Our customer wants fix for this warning message as there are thousand of these warning messages on each session:

[Warning] From: VBDA@******* "/" Time: 10/2/2019 1:48:59 PM
[81:84] /osbkp/RHEL/pathces/openmotif21-2.1.30-11.el7.i686.rpm
Cannot read ACLs: ([95] Operation not supported).

10 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello @Teodor Enchev,

Can you please confirm you refer to NFS4 ACLs here?

https://access.redhat.com/solutions/3628891

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Trusted Contributor.. aneez Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Hi Same issue noticed in DP 10.5 where its reporting hundreds of messages in each session

mmubeen
New Member.

Our customer wants fix for this warning message as there are thousand of these warning messages on each session

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @aneez, Hi @mmubeen,

I have a question and a possible solution for you. Are you using OB2_ALLOW_REMOTE_MOUNT_POINT=1 in the omnirc on the client where the NFS share(s) are mounted? I have seen that this option brings the errors mentioned.

You should try to add the NFS mounts using Manual add to a file system backup spec. The Disk Agent should behave differently and not show the ACL warnings.

clipboard_image_0.png

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

Trusted Contributor..

Hi Sebastian,

I am using the option what you mentioned. Two scenarios i tried 

1. Un comment the OB2_ALLOW_REMOTE_MOUNT_POINT=1 and  added the NFS mount using Manual Add . This give me warning like " Directory is a mount point to a different filesystem. Backed up as empty directory without extended attributes and ACLs." and doesn't take any  data backup from the NFS mount .

2.  With OB2_ALLOW_REMOTE_MOUNT_POINT=1 option  and added the added the NFS mount using Manual Add . this gives the error   "Cannot read ACLs: ([95] Operation not supported)." This way it backed up the data with these warning and minor error. 

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @aneez,

If you don't want to restart Data Protector services you should use OB2_ALLOW_REMOTE_MOUNT_POINT=0 instead to change the behavior. Consider adding OB2NOREMOTEWARNINGS=1 to suppress the cross-mount point warning.

Using Manual add and only having a single NFS share mounted on /mnt should result in a backup spec similar to this one.

DATALIST "FS_NFS"
DYNAMIC 1 1
DEFAULTS
{
FILESYSTEM
{
-vss no_fallback

}
RAWDISK
{

}
}

DEVICE "FL_Writer0"
{
}

FILESYSTEM "/mnt" client.domain.tld:"/mnt"
{
-no_storedrim
} -protect weeks 1 -keepcatalog same_as_dataprotection

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

Trusted Contributor..

Hi Sebastian,

Please find the datalist of my backup after changing the omnirc settings on the client 

OB2_ALLOW_REMOTE_MOUNT_POINT=0 

OB2NOREMOTEWARNINGS=1  

DATALIST "test bkp"
DYNAMIC 1 100
DEFAULTS
{
FILESYSTEM
{
-vss no_fallback

} -protect none
RAWDISK
{

}
}

DEVICE "rheltest1VTL_Drive1"
{
-pool "HPStoreonce_rheltest1_TesPool"
-prealloc
"c769000a:5ccd8229:1c7c:0019"
}

FILESYSTEM "/" rheltest1.tst:"/"
{
-trees
"/osbkp/vmwarebkp/hq"
-no_storedrim
} -keepcatalog same_as_dataprotection

But still backup is not able to take the backup , OB2NOREMOTEWARNINGS=1 setting just not display the "Directory is a mount point to a different filesystem. Backed up as empty directory without extended attributes and ACLs." message in this session.

If t take backup with  below option in omnirc still shows ""Cannot read ACLs: ([95] Operation not supported)."   warning

OB2_ALLOW_REMOTE_MOUNT_POINT=1

OB2NOREMOTEWARNINGS=1 

Praveen Dharmaraj
New Member.

We wants fix for this warning message as there are thousand of these warning messages on each session

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.