SQL restore Enhance

Idea ID 2751131

SQL restore Enhance

I had to restore an 1Tb SQL database.
Database contains 300 ndf files that I had to change “Destination file name”, one by one, on DP GUI. That is pretty annoying, time consuming and error prone.
I've tried to run sql_bar restore through CLI but it hits Windows CMD line size limit (8192 chars) by the middle of the command (300 MOVE parameters).
I'd suggest to enhance SQL restore GUI to be able to import "Destination file name" from a text file.

Regards

5 Comments
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

That problem could be resolved if MF create Restore Specifications accessable via GUI like backup specifiactions.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

@Joao Luis Bernal 

What is the DP version and Database vendor/version?

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

@UliW_MF It really does'nt matter, the restore process is the same.

On my case, SQL 2016 and DP 9.09. I also tried something similar on SQL 2018 DP 10.50

Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Also it will be very useful, if we can set mask for files or destination folder (for example, restore database with change folder for all files to ...) or change destination folder for file types (data files, transaction log files, RBS Filestream etc).

And it`s no very good that Data Protector does not check destination paths, does not provide "browse" wizard.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.