Scheduled Restore

Idea ID 1765670

Scheduled Restore

We need to create scheduled restore specifications to allow regular restore from production to test or reporting database. This restore should contain devices overwriting and so on.
4 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @Aleksandr_Sviridov,

You have my vote on this one. The interesting thing about this request is that the feature was available for a period of time to selected customers back in the days of Data Protector A.06.10, A.06.20 and A.07.00 but was not moved forward.

See QCCR2A30221 and QCCR2A38571 in the MySupport portal.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Hi @Sebastian.Koehler 

Evolution of a product is like a fiction book with a strong story.

Hope that function will be back. Nowadays backup is not just safe data storage but data delivery process - for analysis and development. 9/10 of my service requests in our department are about restore to another location.

And scheduled restore with a post-script will be extremly good for regular backup checks (not just object verify).

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Visitor..
Visitor..

This would be a great feature for routine restores / verification of backup. 

Even if there was more of a command-line method to doing this, I'd be all for it.

Even even if there was a way to create a datalist file of data that would be restored, and then ran as a restore job via the command line... I'm for it.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.