While I appreciate that DP is finally getting a much needed overhaul the scheduler is a huge disappointment.
Here are some of my gripes:
- The font is super huge so only a few jobs are shown at a time. Layouts should be optimized for 1080p screens or allow the users to customize it to their needs.
- When changing a job and going back, it does not always go back to where you were before. Perhaps spawning the edit tasks in a new tab in the background would solve this issue.
- When searching for a job to edit the schedule, the search doesn't show which date the job is set to execute on so you sometimes have to search multiple times to find the right one.
- Not having the calendar for each individual job is a real deal breaker. We have multiple jobs that have 3 copies that run at different times, destinations, retention, etc. and ensuring they aren't overlapping is very cumbersome.
- Scheduler also is very slow as it has to 'reload' the page every time.
- I'm also pretty sure there's a bug in 10.04 when deleting instance of a scheduled job will immediately execute the job no matter the time of day.
We only have about 50-60 jobs running per day, I can't imagine a user with 200+ jobs being able to easily use this feature at all.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.