Support for SSL LDAP communication (LDAPS)

Idea ID 1659639

Support for SSL LDAP communication (LDAPS)

The DP-LDAP communication implementation does not support SSL (LDAPS).
Please add SSL support to the DP-LDAP implementation.

10 Comments
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

New Member.

Frequently asked by customers.

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Can someone from MF please comment re QCCR2A66296 will this be done any time soon?

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello @Jenni_S

It's still in Open state, waiting in Backlog. 

Maybe @UliW_MF can give us more details. 

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @Jenni_S,

From I remember LDAPS is already available. See https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Data_Protector:2019.08/LDAPConfiguration for configuration details. Does this work for you?

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Well I've been struggling with it for over 1 week now and after logging a support case have received confirmation from L3 yesterday that LDAPS is not supported. The doc doesn't mention it either way so I've requested that that be updated too.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @Jenni_S,

They refer to it as SLDAP (secured LDAP) and there is a section on Import SSL certificate from LDAP server. Please share the request ID with me and I will have a look.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Delivered

Configuration of secure LDAP (SLDAP or LDAPS) is documented in DocOps.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.