Support for StoreOnce software version 3.18.x

Support for StoreOnce software version 3.18.x

It was recommended to one of my flexcare customer to upgrade to StoreOnce software version 3.18.x to prevent some issue that have been identified within StoreOnce SW 3.16.x.
The customer is currently using DP 9.0x and is asking about our plans to support 3.18.x !?

7 Comments
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi Gerd,

I can tell you StoreOnce 3.18.x is working fine with DP 9.x. This is expected because the StoreOnce Catalyst API is backward compatbile and the appliance supports more than just a single API version.

2018-05-03_17h25_30.png

So the continous re-certication makes no sense. Micro Focus should simply certify a StoreOnce Catalyst API version or API range to escape this mouse wheel.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Sebastian,

Thanks for your comment.
However, I will not recommend a customer to use a version that we have not certified on our matrix.

In the past I have had bad experiences with it, should problems arise.

Gerads,

Gerd Kehrbusch

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Checking on DP 9.x and CloudBank 3.18 support. Will revert back shortly

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I have recieved the following lab update today via case QCIM2A79103:

StoreOnce software version 3.18.x is supported in DP 9.0x and it is certified also.

But the Support Matrix is not yet updated.

It will be updated in couple of months.

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

CloudBank has been tested with Data Protector 9.x and 10.x. The support matrix will be updated shortly.

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Accepted

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Delivered

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.