Support of vm image backup/restore for Nutanix AHV

Idea ID 1650342

Support of vm image backup/restore for Nutanix AHV

Recently, we have heard from parties not expanding sales of DP a meeting about the possibility of DP sales expansion.
Compared to NBU, if it is appealing that DP has cost merit, DP should have VM image backup / restore function of Nutanix AHV (Acropolis Hypervisor) which can be implemented relatively inexpensively compared with VMware There was an opinion.
The fact that DP does not have this function was said to be one of the reasons why DP is not selected as a backup product for low cost environments.

That is, although NBU is expensive, it already has this function. According to the partner, Veeam seems to be able to respond in the near future.

From the above, I would like you to add Nutanix AHV's VM image backup / restore function as a backup product for Micro Focus's virtual environment such as DP.

6 Comments
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

We want to understand the interest from the community to support Nutanix systems.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Sheetal,

I don't see urgent requests for this. I know other backup ISVs are working on this. If we can implement something basic it won't hurt, but VMware and HyperV are still P1.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

This is a common need between customer and also KVM, OracleVM and RHEV. We need to be more competitive in terms of support Nutanix and OpenStack hypervisors.

Frequent Contributor.. Aaron_Jaeger Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

If DP doesn't evolve, it will be left behind.

peter5631
Visitor.

support matrix for 2019.05 states support for - Nutanix VCenter ?

Virtualization_Support_Matrix 2.1

 Support of Red Hat KVM

 Support of Nutanix VMware Integration

I ask for clarification on this, can we or we cannot backup/resore a complete VM in Nutanis AHV ??

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Delivered

@Koizumi 

This solution is now available as scripted approach via the ITOM Marketplace.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.