The ability for schedules in advanced scheduler to kick off replicating copy jobs.

Idea ID 2803817

The ability for schedules in advanced scheduler to kick off replicating copy jobs.

0 Votes

Currently only backup jobs can automatically start replicating object copy jobs using the post backup functionality. This means that as we only wish to replicate data to cloudbank on a monthly basis we have to have 2 backups jobs, the first doing the daily INC's and the weekly full's and the second doing the monthly full. I have to create a separate backup called xxx_monthly to fire off this replicating copy job. This means we have to manually remove the weekly backup from the same date as the monthly backup. Now if the schedules fired off the post backup copy jobs rather than the backup we could just have 3 schedules within 1 backup job, a daily INC, weekly full and monthly full which when complete starts up the copy job. I have discussed this already at a CAB meeting however thought I would put in an idea for it on here.  

1 Comment
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.