The Windows EADR recovery media should be enhanced to provide better usability. So the recovery media and the wizard should:
- Include the source client certificate required for Secure Socket Communication (SSC) with the Cell Manager. It can be captured during the /CONFIGURATION backup and included in the media to make omnicc -secure_comm -configure_for_dr no longer necessary.
- Have a connectivity/requirement check to the Cell Manager so the user can do the required changes to the networking, UserList and Secure Socket Communication if required and re-validate again with the need to reboot server. Display what has failed and recommend corrective actions (e.g. INET port on CM is reachable, but not responding => run omnicc -secure_comm -configure_for_dr
- Stop the Data Protector INET process after the recovery session ends (successful or unsuccessful). This makes sure that logs created are closed and can be copied to a remote system if needed.
- Have an automatic log bundle collection. Contain information on used settings, system configuration and session success. Useful for troubleshooting and documenting EADR activities (for compliance/audit needs). Save to local disk, network or via INET to the Cell Manager.
- Implement end-to-end security even during disaster recovery.
- Improves usability during disaster recovery workflow
- Improved support experience by reducing manual steps
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.