Idea ID 2841435
I'm using DP in an 20.000+ governemt body since more than 15 years. therefore I'm able to compare with older versions. Current version is 10.50 (2019.08)
When I ADD a schedule in the GUI@Windows, I get a popup window, When I click "Help" in that window the following offline-help-html-page opens: file:///C:/Program%20Files/OmniBack/help/enu/dpHelp_CSH.htm
depending on the backup type with the following page-internal links (selection only):
- #HELP_BAC_SCHEDULE_IDB for IDB Backups
- #HELP_BAC_SCHEDOPTIONS for File System Backups
- #HELP_BAC_SCHEDOPTIONS for PostgreSQL Backup
- #HELP_BAC_SCHEDULE_EXCH2010 for Exchange Backups
- #HELP_BAC_Schedule_Options_MS_SQL7 for MS SQL Backups
- #HELP_BAC_Schedule_Options_Oracle8 for Oracle Backups
- #HELP_BAC_Schedule_Options_VEPA for VE Backups
Except for IDB that leads all to the same file C:\Program Files\OmniBack\help\enu\itom\Data_Protector_2019.08\FSScheduleBackup.html
But I wonder that the different backup types except IDB use the same help page FSScheduleBackup.html as link target. The support wrote me:
This is because all the backup types (including IDB backup) have similar options on the "Schedule Backup" page.
That’s not correct. Not even “similar” but “different”. In the session options I can choose among the following different "backup types" ("backup mode" would be the better lettering):
- For File Systems: Full, Incr, Incr 1 …Incr 9
- For PostgeSQL: Full, Trans
- For Exchange 2010+: Full, Copy, Incr, Differential
- For MS SQL Server: Full, Trans, Differential, Copy
- For Oracle Server: Full, Incr 1 …Incr 4
- For Virtual Environment: Full, Incr
This is an example but the the detortirated quality is generally the case in the offline help.
The only content is "Here you can click this" or " here you can choose that" without further explanations or details.
In previous version - definitely in times when DP was an HP product - every option was explained in detail.
I.g.: what happens to the transaction logs during an exchange backup for every of this backup modes and so on. And i.g. an incremental backup in a file system backup is not the same as in a exchange backup.
And last butnot least: the js-code is veeeeeerrrrrrrryyyy ..... slllllloooooowllllllyyy .....
Conclusion for my Idea: Please bring back the quality of the offline help according detailed explations to the options and according speed!
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.