Commander Commander
Commander

10.90 can't restore previous older version of backups

I have upgraded the cell manager to version 10.90 from 10.30 and the original backups that are already in the cell manager can't be restored.  If I upgrade the clients to 10.90 the 10.30 backups are still not usable.  I need to be able to recovery older backups and can't wait until the backups are ran on the same version as the cell manager.  If this is by design, not very good, failures can occur at any time and the inability to not be able to use existing backups is not going to working.  Am I missing something?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @KLD

Why are you not able to use them? 
Could you please share screenshots or errors you received? 

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

HI,

In addition to what @Victor_F_DP said, it may be good to share some info about the upgrade. Was it successful? Any errors seen? Depending on the platform, it may be crucial to gather the upgrade logs before they expire. If the CM is on Windows then please take a look at %TEMP% and look for any files like DP* and OB2DBG*. Also debug.log may be there. If the CM is on Linux then look for DPIDBsetup_*.log and other log files created around the same time in /var/opt/omni/server/log. Also let us know what the problem is exactly. Can you see the objects in the restore context or not? Any errors? What exactly is failing?

Koen

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.