Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
D Ferreira Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

[110:1024] Cannot start the Data Protector bootstrap service on client - Domain changed.

Hi, my servers have changed their domain and to a new forest. Now, I can not install the agent on some servers in the new domain, returning this message:

[Normal] Installing the Data Protector bootstrap service on client server.newdomain...

[Critical] [110:1024] Cannot start the Data Protector bootstrap service on client server.newdomain:
[1069] The service did not start due to a logon failure.

I already tried adding the user by ommninetpasswd (step by step in the link bellow) command, but it didn't work.

https://www.data-protector.org/wordpress/2011/05/cannot-connect-to-the-scm-omniinetpasswd/

7 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: [110:1024] Cannot start the Data Protector bootstrap service on client - Domain changed.

Hi @D Ferreira,

You should consider adding/using an additional Installation Server for clients in the new domain because cross domain Installation support is limited especially with Data Protector 10.x to improved security.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler
---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: [110:1024] Cannot start the Data Protector bootstrap service on client - Domain changed.

Hi, Sebastian.

So do I have to install this program in another server? The application was working after domain changed, but the SO was needing restart because of updates and the file server service doesn't working (Windows 2008R2).

This server is physical and there are tape drives connected to him by SAS cables.

Knowledge Partner

Hello @D Ferreira,

What Data Protector version is this?

Is the backup server the only one left in the old domain? You should be able to install the Data Protector Instalaltion Server (IS) from the Data Protector Media Kit or from the OmniBack file share on the Cell Manager. Run the setup and install the IS on a server in the new domain. Make sure to specify the existing Cell Manager during setup to make sure it is imported as a new IS.

Then, on the same server run omniinetpasswd -add DOMAIN\user and omniinetpasswd -inst_srv_user DOMAIN\user from an elevated command prompt.

Now check if the new IS is in the GUI and try to push the clients from this IS. You need to select it during remote installation.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Frequent Contributor.

Version: A.07.00

Not, my friend, all Windows servers have migrated to new domain, even this. 

But, this is a server that is connected with SAS tape drivers. To install IS in another server (vm) will work?

These commands I have already executed, without success. Strange because it was working for more than a month.

Knowledge Partner

Hello @D Ferreira,

@D Ferreira wrote:

To install IS in another server (vm) will work?

It should work, but if all servers, including the CM, are in the same domain now fixing the root cause there makes more sense.

Most likely it is related to the user account used to start the services (have you changed the user?), INET impersonation (consider using omniinetpasswd -clear and reconfigure), Local Security Policies or simply the \\CM\OmniBack share not being accesible from the client.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Frequent Contributor.

I clear the users and I already registry a domain admin user with omniinetpasswd -add domain\user and omniinetpasswd -inst_srv_user domain\user.

After that, I was able to install client on the same server but not in another file server. This message appears (when I choose this components: Disk Agent, Media Agent and User Interface):

Cannot connect to the SCM (Service Control Manager) on client crea-aplicx.sede.crea-rj:
[5] Access is denied.

hp-dataprotector-tela-senha.JPG

Knowledge Partner

Hello @D Ferreira,

Please check if the Data Protector INET service runs as LOCAL SYSTEM on the Cell Manager. Make sure that the user used to execute the remaining Data Protector services has the following user rights.

• Replace a process level token
  • Impersonate a client after authentication

Test if the client that you want to install can access the Omniback share on the Cell Manager anonymously. Use the UNC path \\CellManager\Omniback where you replace CellManager with the name or IP of the CM. You can type this UNC path directly into the Windows explorer. You can also run the setup from here manually.

Try to specify a local or domain admin user in the Options tab before remotely installing a client.

2019-02-21_22h36_22.png

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.