Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Absent Member.. wyattz Absent Member..
Absent Member..

[12:1625] Import host failed. System error: [104] Connection reset by peer.

Trying to add a CentOS 6 box to our cell, and the installation works fine, but the import fails at the end. I've tried to import the host manually, with omnicc -import_host and it returns the error:

[12:1625] Import host failed.
System error: [104] Connection reset by peer

I've checked the client, and xinetd is running, and the system is listening on port 5555. When I telnet to the box, I connect, and then it's reset before it can display the inet message.

[root@cell_manager]~#> telnet client.internal 5555
Trying 172.16.1.50...
Connected to client.internal
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.

I can try the same thing locally on the box, and the connection is still reset. I shutdown xinetd, and started listening on 5555 with netcat. Then I connected from the cell manager, and everything works, so nothing is stopping connections on that port.

I've tried removing and reinstalling all of the DP packages, including the xinetd config, but I get the same issue.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Bob_Clark Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: [12:1625] Import host failed. System error: [104] Connection reset by peer.

The error

[12:1625] Import host failed.

is almost always a hostname resolution problem.  In addition to the 'telnet' commands you have run, do a 'nslookup fro both the cell manager to the client, from the client to the cell manager, and, also a reverse 'nslookup' using the IP addresses of the respective servers

0 Likes
ecampigoto Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: [12:1625] Import host failed. System error: [104] Connection reset by peer.

Hello, just look if ur hostname in client is a FQDN, i had the same problem because my client had just a simple name in hostname configuration, and to do the import u need to have the FQDN correctly configured in both sides.

Spoiler

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.