Ia001 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[12:5107] Error sending e-mail: MAPILogon failed.

Hi Guys,

I have created a report group and report in my DP 9.04 Cell Manager, when I go to start the report so that it sends to the recipient email address I get the error:

Description: Data Protector was unable to send email because MAPILogon call returned error. Data Protector needs a MAPI profile named OmniBack in order to send email notification.

Can anybody provide instructions on how to set up the MAPI profile? also do I need to create a cell manager email address somewhere, for the reports to send from?

This does not seem to be covered in any documentation... any help much appreciated.

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: [12:5107] Error sending e-mail: MAPILogon failed.

Hello

We have two diferent SMTP methods for to send emails from DP

E-mail send method

E-mail (SMTP) send method

You are trying the first one that is legacy method nad not recommended due you need to use third party email program.

Please configure send method E-mail (SMTP), you can see all details (is so easy) into onlien help or adminitrator guide

E-mail (SMTP) send method
You can send an e-mail with the output of the report to specified recipients using the SMTP protocol.
Make sure you provide the full e-mail address of the recipient.
This is the recommended e-mail send method.
By default, the address of the SMTP server used for sending the reports is set to the Cell Manager IP
address. To change the address, edit the SMTPServer global option. The SMTP server must be
accessible from the Cell Manager system, but does not need to be part of the Data Protector cell.

You can set also SMTPSenderAddress variable for to specify sender address

After that create new report use this send method and set email address.....

Best Regards

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.