Visitor.

[90:54] Cannot open device (Unit not ready.)

Jump to solution

I have Windows Server 2012 R2 with DP A10.60 on it managing MSL2024. After library reboot via GUI these messages are appearing for both drives. Licenses are ok and no cleaning required.

[90:54] Tape1:7:1:0C
Cannot open device (Unit not ready.)

How do I troubleshoot the issue?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: [90:54] Cannot open device (Unit not ready.)

Jump to solution

Hello @C Vladislav,

Please check if the device is still found under the configured device path Tape1:7:1:0C. This is done using the devbra -dev command and/or the Devices & Media in the Data Protector GUI. Rebooting may change the device path on Windows.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

There may be different reasons for this behavior, but they're all caused by the hardware. The devices may be in maintenance mode or offline. It may also be that the tape was not loaded (or loaded to a different drive?). The additional sense info may help to understand what's going on. You can generate debugs and have them checked by support.

Koen

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello @C Vladislav,

Please check if the device is still found under the configured device path Tape1:7:1:0C. This is done using the devbra -dev command and/or the Devices & Media in the Data Protector GUI. Rebooting may change the device path on Windows.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Jump to solution

I think I've resolved it somehow accidentally. I found out that selected SCSI addresses of each drive were none of two available addresses despite that "Automatically discover changed SCSI address" box was checked. So I changed both stale addresses to available ones and started medium scan which did the thing for me.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.