Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Amount of protected data per client and/or datalist/barlist

Hello,

is it possible to list the amount of protected data per client or datalist?

I need a detailed list of the used data per client or datalist for our backup envoirenment for budget planning.

A host_statistics report with timeframes is not enough because of different protection times per datalist and also because of multiple databases on the same host where i need a detailed single statistic per database.

The IDB Objects view would be usefull if its possible to grep this data somehow via cli.

Regards

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello sofromt, 

I use Client Statistics report. If you select the time frame that include one full backup of each one you can see the data backed up on this server. 

If you choose 7/1 - 7/5 and you run 4 backups for the same job this will show 4 times the calculation of the data. 

Hope this helps you, 

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

This won't include space for month and year backup copy jobs and ends in a lot of manual calculation, that's why i need a list of protected data like the one in the Internal Database menu in the GUI, just need the commands how the GUI gets this info for the CLI, i'm good at bash, no problem to script this if i know where to get the data.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello, 

I found this command in the CLI Reference, maybe works as expected for you: 

omnicc -cbl_detail
Displays a report which contains the backup type, object ID, backup name and object size of objects
that are used to calculate the total protected data capacity.

Regards, 

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

This only shows all Filesystems at once, not for each client, also it doesn't show the target device.

Tapes are more expensive compared to deduplicated sata storage, that's why i need the device where the protected data is stored on, like in the "Internal database" - "Objects" - "[client]" - "[objectname]" view.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

I would like to make a comment and maybe some suggestions.

Protected data / Used data

This is usually referencing your backup media, and so most of the reports available will be mostly per media, and not per client or backup specification.

And so you may want to check Backup Navigator

https://software.microfocus.com/en-us/products/backup-monitoring-reporting-software/overview

HPE Backup Navigator is a web-based application that provides an additional reporting functionality for your
HPE Data Protector and HPE VM Explorer backup environments. It is a comprehensive and scalable tool,
which enables you to create, generate, and deliver a wide range of reports for the web browser-based
presentation and user-defined exploration.

HPE Backup Navigator benefits

- Central monitoring of multiple servers
- Simplified tracking of infrastructure changes across the entire application environment
- Overview of backup resources
- Performance, capacity trending, and future planning
- Simplified error analysis
- Customizable reporting and dashboard
- Notifications and alerts on specified events
- Multitenant environments support

Hope this helps

Rgds,

Sherman

DP Support

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Sherman,

the fun part is that i already have the information i want in the gui, so it's obviously there, i just don't know how to get it via CLI.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.