Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Are there any concerns when going from 10.0 to 10.8?

Jump to solution

I currently have the first edition of 10.  Will there be any problems jumping to 10.8 with HPUX as the cell-manager and clients?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Captain Captain
Captain

Let me know if you can access the following link to get information on how to do the Cell Manager HP-UX migration to Linux ..... https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Data_Protector:2019.08/MigrateHPUXCellManager

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Captain Captain
Captain

We removed support for HP-UX on the DP Cell Manager in DP 10.50 and have documented a migration strategy from HP-UX to Linux. Let me see if I can dig it up for you.

0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

I'm having a hard time finding the install for 10.40.  My understanding that we would need to upgrade our HPUX 10.04 to 10.40 prior to migrating to RHEL.  Where can those be obtained?  Thanks

0 Likes
Captain Captain
Captain

Let me know if you can access the following link to get information on how to do the Cell Manager HP-UX migration to Linux ..... https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Data_Protector:2019.08/MigrateHPUXCellManager

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class
Yes, please provide any documentation to that affect. This is not good news for us since we are primarily a HPUX shop.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Craig,

this is only for the CM. You can have a DP 10.80 CM running on Linux and perfectly protecting HPUX client files and apps. No restrictions. Regards, Uli

0 Likes
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class
I understand. But, that brings up the question of... can HPUX be a server of SAN attached tape-library or must it use the network only?
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You can still use HPUX as Media/Device Server.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.