Absent Member.
Absent Member.

BMA cannot be started or similar

Hi All,

I have a live backup running fine almost ever hour, but now the backup with starts with a warning "Invalid medium * * * 529925c4:4bfbd371:2ac4:0001 in the prealloc list of the device "HP:Ultrium 3-SCSI_1" and fails with error "Received ABORT request from BSM (ERR: Error starting backup/restore (BMA cannot be started or similar)". and when I try to access the prealloc list, data manager exits.

Please advise.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hi,
Maybe you some IDB corrupted , post this output:(run this command with no sessions running
)
#omnidbcheck -extended
Regards
Please assign a kudo to this post, if you find it useful.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Eblyn,

There were stuck processes which needed to be cleared. The backup is up and running.

Thanks
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I'm a newbie and facing the same issue. 

Attached the log. Couldn't sort out, Please help me.

0 Likes
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

This is your issue:

[Major] From: BMA@rhino "HP:Ultrium 5-SCSI_2_rhino"  Time: 1/8/2013 3:40:01 PM
[90:63]  By: UMA@rhino@Changer0:0:0:1
Cannot load exchanger medium ([1117] The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error. )

Are you sure that your library is healthy? Can you manually load & unload tapes?

You should healthcheck your tape dev and also the paths to the dev configured in DP.

(Also this is not really the same issue but even if it were it would be better to create a new post and add a hyperlink link to the post you think is the same issue, not just hijack a 12+months old post and start adding comments to it. - I'm not having a go, just helping a "newbie" with the best way to post)

Come back to us if you're not clear how to check the paths to your dev

regards,
jenni

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, please click on KUDOS!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.