Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Backup Cell Manager

Jump to solution

Hi all!

I'd like to ask some help!

I have to instal a patch on cell manager.

I dont think that it could cause critical failure, but i'd like to make a backup about config file-s, schedules...boot partition.

How could i do that? Just select all of mount point and run backup or is there any trick what i should do?

If i backup idb80 folder will it cause any db failure?

Our cell manager is RedHat, DP 9.06.

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

ok so this is a bundle of patches. Going from 9.06 to 9.08. yes that link is useful....

yes stop DP to get a good offline copy....

start DP then run an IDB backup to media.

leave DP running then run the patch install....

omnisetup.sh -bundleadd b908

Christmas Tree on Microsoft Windows 10 Anniversary Update

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

is this an OS patch or a DP patch?

If its an OS patch then you should be ok. I would just do one of two things....

1. stop DP, get an offline copy to another partition

2. run an IDB backup to media just in case you need to recover

The only issues I've seen has related to windows security patches which can break postgresql....

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

DP patch! I got a link from support and i have to install a patch which will solve our problems...i hope!

So...

I should make a backup to tape (for recovery). After i have to stop all of dp services (omnisv- stop), install patch, restart os?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

ok, I assume its a DPLNX patch. Which module ? CORE, CS ?

you shouldnt have a problem at all with the DP patch install but if you do, just do the two things I mentioned....

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Good question!

No we have 9.06 and after installation it will be 9.08.... :)...core, i think!

Should i stop dp services?

" 1. stop DP, get an offline copy to another partition - (stop DP is stop services...)

2. run an IDB backup to media just in case you need to recover (if services stopped i cant run backup)

...or i dont understand something.

I find only this link about patch install...installation guide not help in this case

http://helpfiles.intactcloud.com/DP/8.00/uiolh/Installation/Task/HOW_Installing_and_Removing_Patch_Bundles.htm

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

ok so this is a bundle of patches. Going from 9.06 to 9.08. yes that link is useful....

yes stop DP to get a good offline copy....

start DP then run an IDB backup to media.

leave DP running then run the patch install....

omnisetup.sh -bundleadd b908

Christmas Tree on Microsoft Windows 10 Anniversary Update

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you for your help!

The update was successfull!

(...but, some installed component patch level still 9.06)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

@Okriss wrote:

The update was successfull!
(...but, some installed component patch level still 9.06)

On Linux (and potentially other Unix platforms, I'm not sure) installing a patch to a client that also serves as an Installation Server (IS), the patch will only update the IS, not the component(s) the patch (bundle) is for and which might or might not be installed. As such, to complete the update, you'll have to run an "Upgrade.." from the client context menu. I'm not entirely sure if things change when the Unix client is in fact also the Cell Manager (CM component installed), but I'm generally stumbling upon this two-phase approach to upgrades given on Windows, the installer does always patch the IS as well as the installed components directly.

HTH,
Andre.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.