Abdallah Abdulhafid Contributor.
Contributor.

Backup Exchange 2010 Requires license?

Jump to solution

Hello,

After we installed the Data Protector and used it to backup our mass storage server we decided to make use of the other features and one of them is exchange backup so we a the third party company advised us to buy the GRE exchange granular license and we did it. After that I tried to make a backup job for the exchange and when I reached to save the job a popup message says cannot start the backup because Windows NT online extension license is not available. So it seems that I need another license to buy? Where can I get it and is there another workaround in order to backup my exchange and make use of granular recovery license?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Backup Exchange 2010 Requires license?

Jump to solution

Hello @Abdallah Abdulhafid,

To backup and restore an Exchange server you need to have one Data Protector Online extension (B6965BAE) per Exchange server. GRE is an add-on feature using the database backups created by the Online extension giving you single item restore capabilities.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
1 Reply
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Backup Exchange 2010 Requires license?

Jump to solution

Hello @Abdallah Abdulhafid,

To backup and restore an Exchange server you need to have one Data Protector Online extension (B6965BAE) per Exchange server. GRE is an add-on feature using the database backups created by the Online extension giving you single item restore capabilities.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.