Joey_allan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Backup Exchange 2010 with Data Protector 6.11 Microsoft VSS integration I get some major errors

when I backup Exchange 2010 with Data Protector 6.11 Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service integration I get the following errors:

[Major] From: OB2BAR_VSSBAR@telsur86.mail.telesur.sr "MSVSSW"  Time: 9/16/2013 1:15:30 AM
    Consistency check failed for component
    '/Microsoft Exchange Writer(Exchange Information Store)/Microsoft Information Store/Mailbox Database 1896131717/File'.

[Major] From: OB2BAR_VSSBAR@telsur86.mail.telesur.sr "MSVSSW"  Time: 9/16/2013 1:15:31 AM
    '/Microsoft Exchange Writer(Exchange Information Store)/Microsoft Information Store/Mailbox Database 1896131717/Logs'.

[Major] From: OB2BAR_VSSBAR@telsur86.mail.telesur.sr "MSVSSW"  Time: 9/16/2013 1:15:31 AM
    '/Microsoft Exchange Writer(Exchange Information Store)/Microsoft Information Store/publfold/File'.

'/Microsoft Exchange Writer(Exchange Information Store)/Microsoft Information Store/publfold/Logs'.

Cannot perform backup of:
        '/Microsoft Exchange Writer(Exchange Information Store)/Microsoft Information Store/Mailbox Database 1896131717/File',
    which contains data in:
        D:\DataBase\Mailbox Database 1896131717.edb

'/Microsoft Exchange Writer(Exchange Information Store)/Microsoft Information Store/Mailbox Database 1896131717/Logs',
    which contains data in:
        E:\Logs\E00*.log
        E:\Logs\E00.chk

'/Microsoft Exchange Writer(Exchange Information Store)/Microsoft Information Store/publfold/File',
    which contains data in:
        D:\Public folder\publfold\publfold.edb

'/Microsoft Exchange Writer(Exchange Information Store)/Microsoft Information Store/publfold/Logs',
    which contains data in:
        E:\Public folder\publfold\E01*.log
        E:\Public folder\publfold\E01.chk

Backup Statistics:

Session Queuing Time (hours)         0.00        
        -------------------------------------------      
        Completed Disk Agents ........          5          
        Failed Disk Agents ...........          0          
        Aborted Disk Agents ..........          0          
        Disk Agents Total  ...........          5          
        ===========================================      
        Completed Media Agents .......          1          
        Failed Media Agents ..........          0          
        Aborted Media Agents .........          0          
        Media Agents Total  ..........          1          
        ===========================================      
        Mbytes Total .................   15951 MB        
        Used Media Total .............          1          
        Disk Agent Errors Total ......          8    

Can sombody tell what those major error are and how I could possibly solve this?

thank you in advandce

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Clark Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Backup Exchange 2010 with Data Protector 6.11 Microsoft VSS integration I get some major errors

The Consistency Check is a Exchange function, and Data Protector is just reporting it

You need to check the Applications Event log on the Exchange server to see what errors are being produced there. for example

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2616952

http://blogs.technet.com/b/timmcmic/archive/2012/03/29/backups-fail-due-to-consistency-check-failure.aspx

You may want to run 'eseutil -mh "database name" to see if the Exchange Database is dirty

http://www.trainsignal.com/blog/eseutil-exchange-2010

I am no Windows expert, so I can't advise you as to what you can do past this point

Also, you can turn off the Consistence Check in the Application-Specific Options area of the GUI.  I believe that it is enabled by default.  I have attached a screenshot of that page

0 Likes
Absent Member.. gcadrin Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Backup Exchange 2010 with Data Protector 6.11 Microsoft VSS integration I get some major errors

I would also strongly advise to upgrade to a supported version of Data Protector.. At least version 6.20 and up !!!

Regards

Gilles

0 Likes
Highlighted
Joey_allan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.