Nicholas1
Visitor.

Backup Groups - Object not found or access denied

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I was doing some cleaning up, and through the UI, I deleted all the groups, except for the Default. So basically all backup specifications were moved there. However, after this, I am now getting the "Object not found or access denied" message wherever groups are related. I can still use the available backup specifications, however, I cannot even create new ones now. Object copy of course does nto function as well.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I have already read through most of the similar requests.

Thanks a lot,

Nich

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Backup Groups - Object not found or access denied

Jump to solution

Hello @Nicholas1,

If the file OmniBack\Config\Server\dlgroups\groups does not exist, copy the empty one from OmniBack\NewConfig\Server\dlgroups into this directory.

There was a bug in the GUI deleting the file if the last group was removed.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Hello @Nicholas1,

If the file OmniBack\Config\Server\dlgroups\groups does not exist, copy the empty one from OmniBack\NewConfig\Server\dlgroups into this directory.

There was a bug in the GUI deleting the file if the last group was removed.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
0 Likes
Nicholas1
Visitor.

Jump to solution

Many thanks for your quick reply Sebastian,  this fixed the issue.

Cheers,

Nicholas

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Hi Nicholas,

Glad to hear that it worked well. Can you do me a favor and assign a Kudo (click on thumbs-up icon) to my post?

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.