Absent Member.. Andreas B. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Backup MS Forefront TMG Configuration with VSS ISA-Writer

Jump to solution
Hi,

I try to backup the configuration of a Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway with the VSS ISA-Writer. I installed the Data Protector "MS Volume Shadow copy integration" on the client, but if I get the list of the writers ("Source"), there are only System Writer, WMI Writer an Filesystem; no ISA Writer or someone else.
When I run "VSSADMIN list writer" on the client, the writer and many others are listed.

So, where is the ISA Writer in Data Protector? Has anyone experience belonging backup of TMG?

Many thanks for your help

Andreas

Data Protector A.06.11 DPWIN_00439
Disk Agent DPWIN_00441
MS Volume Shadow Copy Integration A.06.11
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Backup MS Forefront TMG Configuration with VSS ISA-Writer

Jump to solution
Hi,

The backup of MS Forefront TMG has not been certified with Data Protector yet. This is why its writer is still not on the list of supported writers.

In order to be able to see this writer in the Data Protector GUI, set following omnirc variable on the system whre application is running:

OB2VSS_SHOWALLWRITERS=1
# Default: 0
# If set to 1, this variable disables writer filtering. All writers on the
# system are shown, regardless if they are supported or not. If set to 0,
# only supported VSS writers are shown.
# This variable is applicable on any application client system, running VSS integration.
#

dule
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
Hi,

The backup of MS Forefront TMG has not been certified with Data Protector yet. This is why its writer is still not on the list of supported writers.

In order to be able to see this writer in the Data Protector GUI, set following omnirc variable on the system whre application is running:

OB2VSS_SHOWALLWRITERS=1
# Default: 0
# If set to 1, this variable disables writer filtering. All writers on the
# system are shown, regardless if they are supported or not. If set to 0,
# only supported VSS writers are shown.
# This variable is applicable on any application client system, running VSS integration.
#

dule
Absent Member.. Andreas B. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Hi,

also with omnirc OB2VSS_SHOWALLWRITERS=1 set (on Data Protector Server and client), no ISA-Writer is shown. I installed Data Protector 6.20, same issue.

Any ideas?

Many many thanks for your help

Andreas
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.