Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Henry_52 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Backup file list(Data Protector GUI)

Jump to solution
Hello,

I backup the files using Data Protector GUI client. How can I see backup files list after backup is finished.(I know how to do this by Command line.)
Please let me know how can I see backup list at GUI.

Thank you

Henry

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scott McIntosh_ Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Backup file list(Data Protector GUI)

Jump to solution
A list in the GUI? No. But you can go to Restore Sessions, find the session, and walk the trees of directories and files backed up in that session.

Note, this works for fulls, but is not a valid concept for incrementals, as the Restore Session shows you all files in the restore chain, not just that one backup.

Thanks,
Scott
HP Support
5 Replies
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
A list in the GUI? No. But you can go to Restore Sessions, find the session, and walk the trees of directories and files backed up in that session.

Note, this works for fulls, but is not a valid concept for incrementals, as the Restore Session shows you all files in the restore chain, not just that one backup.

Thanks,
Scott
HP Support
Highlighted
Joseph T. Wycko Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
You may be able to use

omnidb -filesearch

or

omnidb -session -listdir

with wildcards to get the kind of information you want, assuming that you have the default logging (log all) for your backup job.

You can use the omnimlist command to list the contents of a tape.

See the MAN pages or the CLIReference.PDF for details on the omnidb and omnimlist syntax.

Similarly, you could use the UNSUPPORTED tapanalyser utility to inventory a tape.

This would require reading the whole tape.

It is not pretty, either way.

Good Luck.
Omniback and NT problems? double check name resolution, DNS/HOSTS...
Henry_52 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi,

I have a one more question.
How can I check Data Protector backup time for each files. I usually use below command to check backup list.

omnimm -catalog "Tape_Label"

Thank you.

Henry

0 Likes
Henry_52 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Or please let me know how can I see list of backup sequence.

Thank you

Henry
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Data Protector does not catalog the backup time nor the backup order of files. So there's no means to see that information on a file level basis, only the start and stop times of backing up that object.

You could set the option "do not preserve access time attributes" and then the last access time would reflect the backup time, if not later. But not sure that is all that valuable.

An omnimm -catalog will list then entire catalog for a tape, not for a particular session object. To get a list just for a session object (you cannot get a single list for a whole session), you would need to do the:
omnidb - -session -catalog
command.

Thanks,
Scott
HP Support
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.