Captain Captain
Captain

Barcode Sticker overwrite by mistake

Dear All,

i accidentally used same serial no. of barcode label for new tapes which was used for older backup. means I have two LTO tapes with same barcode. will be I able to restore the data from  the both the tapes of should I change the barcode only for new tapes and it will ok or I will lost previous data

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello @Azizkheri

That will make some confusion in DP side. When it will try to search for TAPE01 will see the last tape read with that barcode. 

I will recommend to replace the barcode of the newer tapes, then you can rescan the old and the new so each will be different. If you have data already backed up in the new, just do an import catalog of the tape. 

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.