TommyB Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Block size Problem RHEL 7.0

Jump to solution

I am working on a new media server in my DP9.09 environment. My Cell server in HPUX 11.31.

The message:

[90:253] Block Size setting of 512KB is too big. Maximum allowed block size for
this device type is 256KB.

Is popping up when I try to write to an FC connected LTO6 device. All of my D2D and Tapes are formatted for 512KB. Is there a workaround? if not how will this affect my D2D2T that I need to do monthly?

I received this message when I tried to copy from D2D to Tape:

Block size of RMA-NET@omnisrvr (512Kb) is
too large for this device (256Kb).
Connection will be closed.

Thanks,

Tommy

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Block size Problem RHEL 7.0

Jump to solution

Having the info on the cell manager does not help.

WHich OS is the media server on which you are receiving the error message ?

Does the HBA on the media server support 512 Kb block size ?

If yes then edit .omnirc file and set the variable OB2LIMITBLKSIZE=0 to enable block size greater then 256kb.

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Having the info on the cell manager does not help.

WHich OS is the media server on which you are receiving the error message ?

Does the HBA on the media server support 512 Kb block size ?

If yes then edit .omnirc file and set the variable OB2LIMITBLKSIZE=0 to enable block size greater then 256kb.

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TommyB Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thank you Dionisio,

This is a RHEL 7.0 media server. The rproblem was with the OB2LIMITBLKSIZE=0 . I did not have it originally, then when I put it in, I did not do it correctly. The system works correctly now.

Thanks,

Tommy

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.