Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Brick - support for DP 10

Hello,

Do you know if Brick tool developped by Daniel is still maintained and support DP10? I miss so much this great tool and Daniel support/tips for DP.

Thanks!

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello @bmihai

This BRICK tool is not created for MicroFocus, this is an external tool. This is not supported for us, but I download it and test in my DP 10.04 lab and works all the reports. 

https://www.data-protector.org/wordpress/brick/

According to changelog from the Official page, only DP 8.0x and 9.0x works, but DP 10.0x has almost all the same reports and commands. 

I attach some screenshots showing the results. 2018-09-14_1704.png2018-09-14_1705.png

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

I am running data-protector.org with the permisson of Daniel's wife and responsible for anything there since the end of 2017 - BRICK is not forgotten but still a point that needs to be adressed.

We need to crawl through all of Daniel's data to find the source code and required licenses/tools, which is obviously neither his wife nor mine top priority. There is currently no timeline when this will be done and of course no guarantee that we will find everything needed.

As only official commands are used it should work with Version 10 as well but as soon as commands/options change it will break.

Hope that helps,

Stephan

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Thanks for responses. maybe i will give it a try in my environment.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.