Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can not get Email backup status.

Hello,

I am using Data Protector A.06.20. We are unable to receive Email status after a session is complete. We tried to make sure were were point to the correct SMTP server. Has anyone else had an issue with this?

-Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

No, this is usually working like a charm if you found out that the global configuration file contains the necessary configuration parameters. I assume you've done the required changes and restarted the Data Protector services after that. If this is the case, a firewall, virus scanner or the mail server may prevent mail from being send. The easiest test would be a telnet connection to exactly mail server you specified and try to send a mail in the same fashion.

telnet mailserver.domain.de 25
ehlo mailserver
mail from:<name_from_global@domain.de>
rcpt to:<destination_to_be_used@domain.de>
data
This is a simple test mail

See if it is delivered or bounced due to some restrictions defined on the SMTP receiver of the mail server.

Regards,

Sebastian

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but you have to stop and start Data Protector after you make a change to the global?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Yep, omnirc is read during runtime. global requires a restart of the CM processes using omnisv stop and omnisv start. Without the restart, the server proceses will not use the new settings.

Regards,

Sebastian

---
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I was able to send a test Email with the telnet. Not sure if my config is correct in the global. Can you post a sample setup of SMTP in the global?
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

SMTPServer=mailserver.domain.de
SMTPSenderAddress=OB2@domain.de

Will do the job, as long as you can send mails via telnet originated from OB2@domain.de in that example.

Regards,

Sebastian

---
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have put the settings in the Global file, but it still does not work. The problem all started when a patch was applied. Is there a way to verify that the Global file is being read?
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi,

You could start "omnicc -debug 1-20 dbg.txt" and have a look in the produced debug file in tmp folder, if your email settings can be found there, then global file is used. If not, verify global file, restart DP services and check again. If the settings in global file are correct, then you need to debug i.e. a report with email settings applied to see if mail is sent or declined.

Best regards

Daniel

-----------
Please assign Kudos - How to assign...
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We upgraded to version 7.0 and this took care ofthe problem.

Thanks for your input.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.