Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Can't take backup From MSSQL Server after installing client and SQL integration on the server.

I have installed DP client with MS SQL integration in the client server. During MS SQL backup it shows everything and then ask for SQL authentication , we had provided all the authentication and start the backup but then it shows "RETVAL 8010 error".

Need some expert advise.   

0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello @Nipu Datta,

Is this a standalone MSSQL server, cluster or AO configuration?

The important part is that the database must be configured for the authentication. Best is Windows or SQL Server authentication. If I have doubts that something might be wrong I usually test it with SQL Server Management Studio.

Here is the link to the documentation.

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Data_Protector:2019.08/MSSQLServerIntegration

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hello @Sebastian.Koehler ,

Thanks for quick response.

MSSQL is cluster configuration.

We have checked with the Management Studio our windows authentication is correct and working fine.

But if we check below command fromSQL_BAR its shows:

C:\Program Files\OmniBack\bin>sql_bar.exe chkconf
[Critical] From: OB2BAR_SQLBAR@dcbachprcpsdb1.bach.org.bd "(DEFAULT)" Time: 9/24/2019 7:13:41 PM
Microsoft SQL Server reported the following error during login:
SQLSTATE:[08001] CODE:(17) MESSAGE:[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
SQLSTATE:[01000] CODE:(2) MESSAGE:[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]ConnectionOpen (Connect()).

[Critical] From: OB2BAR_SQLBAR@dcbachprcpsdb1.bach.org.bd "(DEFAULT)" Time: 9/24/2019 7:13:41 PM
[152:9208] Integration is probably not configured for use with SQL Server on this host.

*RETVAL*8010

Regards,

Nipu Datta

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello @Nipu Datta,

In the screen when you are asked to add the password, what are you using? Integrated, Windows or SQL authentication? 

Also, it was working before? 

If so, try to reconfigure the integration. First you will need to rename the configuration file under ProgramData\OmniBack\Config\Server\Integ\Config\mssql or /etc/opt/omni/server/integ/config/mssql with the name of the client and instance: Clientname%instancename. 

Then create a new backup from scratch making sure that you have added the password and user according to the authentication method. 

Regards, 

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hello @Victor_F_DP ,

Thank you for your response,

We are using Windows authentication. No, it is a new installation.  I will follow your instruction.

Let me told you details, Here customer site WIndows server is in cluster mood on that MS SQL cluster is installed. 

First, I have installed DP client with MS SQL integration but installed in the non-cluster mood. Should I need to install DP with MS SQL integration with Cluster aware mood? Or anything else needs to installed in the client site?

Regards,

Nipu Datta

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello @Nipu Datta,

Since this is a Windows Failover cluster, remove the clients and install them locally in cluster-aware mode. You will need Disk Agent and the MSSQL Integration.

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Data_Protector:2019.08/InstallClusterClients#Microsoft_cluster_server

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hello @Sebastian.Koehler ,

I have installed client in cluster aware mood including disk agent, media agent and MSSQL integrations, But again adding backup provided same error as previous. Which i have attached.

N.B: During installation it required domain, user and password, there i have provided domain: bach, user:bachbkp pass:xxx. But during adding backup i have provide domain: bach.org.bd user:sqladmin password: zzz.

Should i give same domain/ user in both end?

also sqladmin user has access in MSSQL database.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.