Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Cannot install DP 7 on a Windows 2000 client

Jump to solution

I have been looking thru the tech specs for DP 7, and I am wanting to know if it is compatible with Windows 2000 Servers. I have 2 old Virtual servers that I need to get Oracle database backups on, but I have been unable to push the software out, nor have I been able to install DP7 via the Depot File Share.

Attached is the error I am getting, but I wanted to start here to see if there was something with compatibility. Thanks!

Chris

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member..

Hi,

ups... I did not read the subject... otherwise I would have informed you that W2K is no longer supported with DP. This is also the case for DP 6.11, with a patch this year the support for W2K was dropped out too.

Sorry for the confusion.

Best regards

Daniel

-----------
Please assign Kudos - How to assign...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Absent Member..

Hi,

please copy the content of J:\x8664 to c:\temp. change folder to c:\temp, right-click on setup.exe and run as administrator. If you still receive errors you will find in c:documents and settings\userid\... some debug files (you may browse, don't remember the correct path).

Best regards

Daniel

-----------
0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Version 6.20 dropped support for Windows 2000 and Oracle 9.

I had to leave a system at version 6.11 to support an Oracle 9 database.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi,

ups... I did not read the subject... otherwise I would have informed you that W2K is no longer supported with DP. This is also the case for DP 6.11, with a patch this year the support for W2K was dropped out too.

Sorry for the confusion.

Best regards

Daniel

-----------

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Thanks guys. That is what I was afraid of. Is it possible to use that windows server running DP 6.11 as it's own Cell manager and sync the 6.11 and 7.0 Cell managers up?

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi,

syncing two version will not be possible. You can use Manager-of Managers, but version of cell servers must be the same. The only way I see is to importing the media from version 6.x into 7 environment. There is a way to do a fast import of the tapes into the DP 7 cell, check command omnimm -copy_to_mcf.

Best regards

Daniel

-----------
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.