Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Cannot open cell server in GUI - SSL issue

Hello,

I am working on a backup environment, where we have 6 cell servers with multiple windows servers, which act as install servers, and we can reach GUI. The environment is DP 9.09.

Now the old install servers / GUI servers are being migrated to new Windows 2016 devices, and I have installed the GUI on them. The problem is, that from the 6 servers 3 are working fine, but 3 show the same error message:

"SSL: no alternative certificate subject name matches target host name."

When I try to open the cell servers on the old servers, I can reach all of them, so the issue is with the new servers.

Does anyone have an idea what could be the issue, where to start?

Ps, I know, the DP version is obsolete, but our team won't update the environment in the near future.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Cannot open cell server in GUI - SSL issue

Hello @daniellestar

Normally when that happens is because the server cannot get the certificate from the CM. 

Check that name resolution and connection from CM to client is working good and vice-versa. 

In case that this fails, I think will be a good idea to regenerate the certificate making sure to specify the names: 

Go to ProgramData\OmniBack\Config\client\components\ and open the webservice.properties with the notepad.

Search for keystorePassword and copy it.

Run this command:

Program Files\Omniback\bin\perl.exe omnigencert.pl -server_id short_name -server_san dns:short_name,dns:FQDN,ip:ip_address -user_id hpdp -store_password keystorePassword

Then restart the services (omnisv -stop; omnisv -start)

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Thank you for your reply.

The name resolution works both ways, but still nothing.

The command is not going to work, the cell server is HPUX. But if I regenerate the certificates, will the older GUI server work?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

When you regenerate the certificate it will be sent to any GUI that wants to open it. 

The process for HP-UX is this: 

Go to /etc/opt/omni/client/components/ and search the files (ls). Open the webservice.properties (cat webservice.properties). Copy the keystorePassword.

Run this command:

/opt/omni/bin/perl /opt/omni/sbin/omnigencert.pl -server_id short_name -server_san dns:short_name,dns:FQDN,ip:ip_address -user_id hpdp -store_password keystorePassword

Then restart the services (omnisv -stop; omnisv -start)

Andres Fallas Salazar

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Strange, the issue seemed to sort itself out.

There were 2 servers affected, one simply started to work one day, the other one the other day. It was a new build, maybe the OS team made some network adjustments in the background.

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Strange. But relieving. 

Good to know. 

Andres Fallas Salazar

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.