Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Absent Member.. RaajK Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Cannot perform stat(): ([1] Not owner) => not backed up.

Hi,  I am getting following error, Is there an issue with the permission?

[Minor] From: VBDA@xxxx  [/zones/tasxs002/root]"  Time: 24/09/2013 10:20:09
[81:76] /zones/tasxs002/root/var/opt/live
 Cannot perform stat(): ([1] Not owner) => not backed up.

[Minor] From: VBDA@xxxxxxx  [/zones/tasxs002/root]"  Time: 24/09/2013 10:20:09
[81:76] Cannot perform stat(): ([1] Not owner) => not backed up.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Absent Member..

Re: Cannot perform stat(): ([1] Not owner) => not backed up.

The Debug shows .....SolStatObj: /zones/tasxs002/root/var/opt/live lstat failed! errno 1

0 Likes
Bob_Clark Absent Member.
Absent Member.

One possible cause for this:

When Data Protector starts a backup, it first does a TreeWalk to build a list of files and directories to be backed up, and the Properties for these files.  This is why you will sometimes notice a time lag between the time the disk agent starts, and the time data actually starts flowing to the tape, and you may also see the Total bytes to be backed up counting up

Between the time of the TreeWalk, and the time data actually starts flowing to the Backup device, this file was either changed, so that the Property of the file changed, or was  deleted, and suusaaly produces the Minor error

Cannot perform stat(): (No such File or Directory)

However, your error

Cannot perform stat(): ([1] Not owner)

is a little different.  Are you trying to backup a Network File System (NFS)?

I checked lab cases and our Knowledgebase, found plenty of items for 'cannot perform stat', but nothing on 'Not owner'

I would suggest that you do 'll' along the directory path to this file, and check to be sure that there are eEad and Write Permissions.  Use 'chmod' to make any changes if necessary, so, for example

ll /zones/tasxs002/root/var/opt/live

ll /zones/tasxs002/root/var/opt

ll; /zones/tasxs002/root/var

and so on.  If this does not reveal anything, then open a case with the Response Center

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Thanks forur inputs BOB. Yes this error is lil differentthan the other usual errors. 

I did try " Notreewalk" parameter  but no go, however it seems to be some NFS mount issue. Trying to figure it out..

0 Likes
Bob_Clark Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The 'NoTreeWalk' option is for Windows only, so it would not help you much

I really think that thsi is some kind of NFS issue

0 Likes
Absent Member.. gcadrin Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Not a Solaris guru at all !!

BUt sure sounds likes they are backing up Solaris zones

Is this part of the global zone or a guess zone ?

Gilles

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.