jamindemarch Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Cannot perform stat () : [123] The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Jump to solution

Hi, 

I try to restore a folder to a network location, but when I start, i have the following error :

"Cannot perform stat(): ([123] The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. ) => not restored"

I'm on HP Data Protector Manager 6.20

anyone can help me ?

best regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Cannot perform stat () : [123] The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect

Jump to solution

This was a documented bug in A.06.20. Since this version of Data Protector is no longer supported you won't be able to receive patches or a fix from support. Consider upgrading to a recent version (A.09.07).

cannot perform stat () : |123|" when trying a restore to new network share
https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM00593342

In the meantime you could try to restore to a local disk instead. Maybe this works.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Cannot perform stat () : [123] The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect

Jump to solution

This was a documented bug in A.06.20. Since this version of Data Protector is no longer supported you won't be able to receive patches or a fix from support. Consider upgrading to a recent version (A.09.07).

cannot perform stat () : |123|" when trying a restore to new network share
https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM00593342

In the meantime you could try to restore to a local disk instead. Maybe this works.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
0 Likes
jamindemarch Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi , 

thanks for your answer.

while I waiting your answer, I try to restore to the C: and it work (the default location, F:, was a disk that is crashed.

So its not very easy to find enough space. 

thanks for you answer.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Please use the Accept Solution button next to my post and assign a Kudo (thumbs up).

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.