Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Cannot reach the CRS on the Cell Manager system

Jump to solution

Hello,

I changed the password of the main DP account and now I can't access anything. It was a Domain Admin account and I checked the DP users list before I did it and they both referred to Active Directory, so I thought they'd update. The account has entries in DP as 'IDB AS User' and 'CRS Service Account'. I can't open the GUI or run CLI commands.

I log onto the Cell Manager as the main DP account ok and it is in the local admin group. Anyone any ideas please?

[12:1604] Cannot reach the CRS on the Cell Manager system.
CRS on the Cell Manager host is not reachable or is not up and running.
System error: [10061] Connection refused

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Cannot reach the CRS on the Cell Manager system

Jump to solution

Hello @Les Crisps,

If only the password of the service account was changed you only update the Data Protector Windows services (in services.msc) referring to this account and restart the services. Have you done this already? Is everything up after an omnisv stop and omnisv start? What does omnisv status display?

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello @Les Crisps,

If only the password of the service account was changed you only update the Data Protector Windows services (in services.msc) referring to this account and restart the services. Have you done this already? Is everything up after an omnisv stop and omnisv start? What does omnisv status display?

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thank you @Sebastian.Koehler  !

Going through the list of Services and updating the password did the trick!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.