Highlighted
Regular Contributor.. Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Cannot write to device (StoreOnce error: Store is currently stopping) Time out

Hi Everyone

Have you experienced a partial backup failure like the below details (some times it only fails for D:\ drive and sometimes fails for everything) with the below error in the logs?

Cannot write to device (StoreOnce error: Store is currently stopping)

And some times fails the complete backup due to time out error:

[Major] From: 
[61:1002]   The BMA named on host 
 reached its inactivity timeout of 8400 seconds.
 The agent on host will be shutdown.

I ran a backup preview, and it was good with C:\ drive, but it failed with time out error for D:\ drive.

I have checked destination server, VSS services, performance, DP services, store status, etc with no luck so far. is there anything else you guys know I can give it a try?

0 Likes
13 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Cannot write to device (StoreOnce error: Store is currently stopping) Time out

Hello @Uriel

The store looks like is in a bad status. 

Check the status of them with this command (I assumed is StoreOnce Software):  StoreOnceSoftware --list_stores

Make sure they are running. And in any case, try to stop the store in question: StoreOnceSoftware --stop_store --name=StoreName

Confirm that no s.bad_integrity exists. Either than Retired folder. All in this path: $StoreRoot/StoreOncelibrary/dvol_000000x/committed/storemgr/store.d/store_x
(x is the Store ID seen in the “storeoncesoftware --list_stores” output)

Then, start the store: StoreOnceSoftware --start_store --name=StoreName

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor..

Re: Cannot write to device (StoreOnce error: Store is currently stopping) Time out

Hi Victor

Thanks, I checked all what you mentioned, and seemed the store was in a good shape,  after the scheduled job ran yesterday during night, it is still running, slowly, but seems still for D:\ drive, it has not failed yet. Let me wait until it finishes, and will come back to you with the outcome, so far I only see the below alerts in the backup log:

[Critical] From: Time: 4/2/2020 9:00:22 PM
[61:12500]  Cannot connect to inet for getting filesystem list
 on host.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

In the past I saw a situation like that. I am not saying is the same as yours but I remembered. 

One disk in the server was running fine and the other one was too slow. 

In that situation was that slow one was not local disk, but an Amazon S3 mapped disk. 

Andres Fallas Salazar

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor..

Hi Victor
This is a physical server with physical drives, do you remember the job I mentioned it was running and writing really slow for D:\ drive?, if failed after 2 hours for this disk, I have checked all the backup jobs for this server, and the standard error for all of them is time out error:

[Major] From: BSM@ 
[61:1002]   The BMA named "xxx" on host xxx
 reached its inactivity timeout of 8400 seconds.
 The agent on host will be shutdown.

C:\ data trying to back up:    50GB
D:\ data trying to back up: 600GB

Any ideas?
Thanks!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello @Uriel

Try adding this variable in the in the client's omnirc file (ProgramData\OmniBack\)
OB2NOTREEWALK=1

Restart the Inet after that. 

Make sure file do not have any extension like .txt or .tmpl. 

Regards, 

Andres Fallas Salazar

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor..

Victor, just checked and that variable is already configured in the file server as you requested, (not as a comment).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Try adding these variables to the global file (ProgramData\OmniBack\Config\Server\Options\ or /etc/opt/omni/server/options/)in the CM and restart the services: 

SmMaIdleTimeout=200
SmDaIdleTimeout=180

These will give more time to the operation. As you can see the error reports 8400 seconds, equals to the 140 minutes of SmMaIdleTimeout by default. 

Regards, 

Andres Fallas Salazar

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor..

Hi Victor

I touched base with my teammates, they said they have tried that before as per MF suggestion with no luck, it failed too, is there anything else you think we can try?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Hello Uriel,

we have the same problem by some servers. And we have a case open since 3 weeks. The last statement was that this may by a bug by the software.

So I have so solution for you.

Regards

Hubert

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello @Systemtechnik

Could you please share the case ID with me so I can take a look of it and see the status. 

Regards, 

Andres Fallas Salazar

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Hello @Victor_F_DP
here is the case ID: SD02656457. We have this problem with a few of our servers (all windows), not all.

Regarads

Hubert
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.