Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Changing the default medium size?

Jump to solution
Hello,

I want to change the default medium size. When I want to format a LTO Ultrium II tape the default medium size is 102600. I want to change that to 409600. I've already looked for a option in the global file and found a table. There is an entry MediaClass=LTO DefSize=100 GB. I changed DefSize to 400 GB but without an effect in the GUI. Who knows where I can change the default medium size?

Thanks in advance,
Torsten
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
HI,

The syntax for changing default LTO media size is:
MC_13=1 36 250 xxxxxxx 4 (where xxxxxx is size in KB).

But, please note that default size is only used for pool statistics, DP always uses media to physical end, regardless of default size settings.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
HI,

The syntax for changing default LTO media size is:
MC_13=1 36 250 xxxxxxx 4 (where xxxxxx is size in KB).

But, please note that default size is only used for pool statistics, DP always uses media to physical end, regardless of default size settings.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hello Leif,

thank you! It works. I know this properties are for statistics only. But my customer wanted the change of the default medium size value... 😉

Thanks,
Torsten
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.