Commander
Commander

Compare data between multiple pools

Hello,

DP9.09, i have multiple media pools with 1 tape in every pool:

Pool-A 
Pool-B
Pool-C

I run a backup job of a server into Pool-A, followed by a copy job from pool a to pool b and than from pool b into pool c.

Is it somehow possible to check if the pools are identical? I thought about a list of files form the catalog with the associated pools. At the moment we check if the block size of every tape is the same, but that's a rather vague way to check this.

Kind Regards

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello @sofromt,

I would recommend using the Object Copies Report, Copies column (omnirpt -report obj_copies -timeframe 24 24) and Objects Latest Backup Report, see Last Copy Full, Last Copy Incr column (omnirpt -report obj_lastbackup -timeframe 24 24).

2018-05-28_15h08_26.png

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
Commander
Commander

Hi Sebastian,

i already thought about this report, but the problem with this approach is that i only know how many copies i have, i can run 3 copies on the same tape into the same pool and i still get "3 copies" but i need to be 100 % sure that the copies are all on different tapes in different pools.

Something like a catalog list of the files in the different pools would be nice, this way i could script a diff check between the different generated file lists.

Regards

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @sofromt,

What about the Extended List of Media report? You can run it twice on each pool and compare the results. Does this work for you?

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
Commander
Commander

Hi,

this way i just get a list of Tapes in the Media pool (Medium ID, Label, Location, Status, Protection, Used MB etc) but no information for the data on tape.

Regards

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello sofromt,

Hope to make a comment.

You can try these CLI to get information on your media pool.

omnimm -show_pools <PoolName>

omnimm -list_pool <PoolName> -detail

I would take you have the media pool name.

You may want to check the output of the above omnimm.

Hope this helps

Rgds,

Sherman

Sherman Senin
Customer Support Engineer, APJ
Data Protector
Micro Focus
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.