Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
afiqraman Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Configuration file for Data Protector Advandced Scheduler

Jump to solution

As per title, where can I find the configuration file for the Advanced Scheduler? I can see the normal scheduler config file. But not sure under which folder or file is the Advanced Scheduler configuration

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Configuration file for Data Protector Advandced Scheduler

Jump to solution
There is no configuration file for the schedules created with Advanced Scheduler. The information is stored to the JCE database in an encrypted form. There are plans to allow export and modifications from outside, but not sure when they will become available.

Please use the Accept Solution button next to my post and assign a KUDO (thumbs up icon) if this works for you.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler
---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
There is no configuration file for the schedules created with Advanced Scheduler. The information is stored to the JCE database in an encrypted form. There are plans to allow export and modifications from outside, but not sure when they will become available.

Please use the Accept Solution button next to my post and assign a KUDO (thumbs up icon) if this works for you.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler
---
afiqraman Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the info. So the only way to verify if a job has been scheduled by Advanced Scheduler is to go to the GUI? Since it wont be shown in the normal schedule.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
This is right. You can only see it in Advanced Scheduler GUI. That's a good reason for not using it today. Without visibility in regular GUI and in reporting this makes no sense. I avoid it if I can, even if I need to edit schedule files manually.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler
---
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.