alenko Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Connection to CRS failed

Hi all, it seems I need help.


DP 8.0 installed on RHEL 6.4, all services successfully started and working, I can telnet to localhost 5555 locally and remotely from other workstation.

DAs installed in Win Server 08R2 and RHEL 6.4 workstations.

Domain names resolving ok in both directions because of static records in /etc/hosts.

It's all placed in VMWare ESX Hypervisor's environment.


DP only installed, and it did not work before.

======> Running: /opt/omni/sbin/omnisv -status
ProcName Status [PID]
crs : Active [21384]
mmd : Active [21382]
kms : Active [21383]
hpdp-idb : Active [20321]
hpdp-idb-cp : Active [20148]
hpdp-as : Active [28362]
omnitrig : Active
Sending of traps disabled.

[root@hpdp1 ~]# /opt/omni/bin/omnicc -encryption -status -all
Client Enabled Enabled(CM)
localhost true true

 What I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

Tags (2)
2 Replies
Bob_Clark Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Connection to CRS failed

I think that this has everything to do with the Encrypted Control Communications (ECC) being enabled.  It is not mentioned in this Forum article what command that you issued that produced this error.  I suggest that you disable ECC temporarily, see if the error "Connection to CRS failed" goes away


To remove ECC:


Step 1. On the Cell Manager:

. Remove/Rename the "config" file from the <DP_CONFIG>/clients
. Remove/Rename the "config" file from the <DP_CONFIG>/server
. Remove "-encryption 1" from <DP_CONFIG>/server /cell/cell_info file

Step 2. On ALL DP clients:

. Remove/Rename the "config" file from the <DP_CONFIG>/clients




    Program Files -> Omniback -> Config                Windows 2003


    ProgramData -> Omniback -> Config                Windows 2008


If the error goes away, then the fix was not carried forward from DP 7.01, and you will need to open a case to have this analyzed, and to get a test module generated to fix this, or not use ECC

alenko Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Connection to CRS failed

Oh, sorry. Error occures, when I'm installing DA on client and it tries to connect to DP.

Also, I did all that you've said, and now can successfully connect from Windows, but can't say the same about Linux host, it still reports "Connection to CRS failed". I tried to reinstall DA and core on it, didn't help.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.