Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Copy session don't finish with DDbbost

Jump to solution

Hi,

We start using B2D using DDboost and all my copy jobs still in progress and don't finish.

the same Storage Unit is using on other cellmanager without any issue.

I change the destination of the copy to the storeonce and the copy is Ok.

Can you help me please to find solution?

HPE Data Protector A.09.07: OMNICC, internal build 109, built on Sat 02 Jul 2016 05:32:24 AM CEST

on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.4 (Santiago)

Thanks & Regards,

0 Likes
15 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Sebastien,

As requested, i run the debug for copy session and find below the OB2DBG files.

Thank you in advance!

Regards

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi,

FI, enabling CopyDisableBlockRepackaging + do a IDB maintenance + reboot my cellmanager resolved the issue.

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks Sebastien for you time!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @hrh83,

I'm glad this is working now. Just want to comment on a few things.

enabling CopyDisableBlockRepackaging

Should not make a difference as long as both devices use the same block size. Since the backup test to the destination also failed this rules out this parameter.

do a IDB maintenance

What do you mean with that? Just asking because there is no "classic IDB maintenance" anymore since Data Protector 8.0 and later.

reboot my cellmanager

Well, this is the only thing that could make a difference in case there was something stuck like a process or a device lock in the IDB (omnidbutil -show_locked_devs).

When looking at the debugs I can see you're using very odd hostnames in your cell. I have never seen an environemnt where a FQDN contains two dots next to each other (e.g. hostname.domain..com). This could give you trouble upgrading to Data Protector 10.x so please have that validated before you try to upgrade.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.