Talita Almeida Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Creating scripts - Data Protector

Hello all!

Please, could you help how can I create and run a script for and event, TapeRemoval?

I need to send an e-mail every time the tape is ejected. 

I found the variable that is possible I´ll use: NonResidentLocation. 

(...\Omniback\Config\Server\Options global)

We have a file called "Notifications", that has the first step to call the code, in exemplo:

(...\Omniback\Config\Server Notifications)

NOTIFICATION "MountRequest"
{
    -event "MountRequest"
    -ob2eventLog
    -parameter LEVEL "Warning"
    -parameter DEVICE "*"
}

My doubt is how can I create an event like "MountRequest" and how to manipulate it. I didn´t find where this Notifications are codified.

I´m using the version 6.20, Windows Server 2003 R2.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Shoghi Martinez Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Creating scripts - Data Protector

Hi,

there is a default script "mount.bat" wich is invoked each time a mount request is issued, you can use it as a starting point,

The mount request scripts are defined on the "others" tab in the advanced options for the drive.

HTH

Shoghi.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Zigoze Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Creating scripts - Data Protector

if you have the gui, you can go to the "Reporting" section, and simply add a notification for a mount request to be sent by e-mail.

the more simple way is if you have an SMTP server. just go into the "global" file at /etc/opt/omni/server/options and look for smtp... you have two variables: the smtp server address and the smtp sender address.

configure those two variables, restart data protector services, and then just configure a notification to be sent by smtp...

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.