pgheude Absent Member.
Absent Member.

DATA Protector on win 10. Get SSL login error "SSL peer certificate or SSH remote Key was not OK"

I have installed the trial version of HP Data Protoector v 9 and wish to use it to backup Windows 10 computer which has a SAS controller and an LT05 Tape Drive.  On launching the GUI I get  A server error has occurred.  Reported error message.  "SSL peer certificate or SSH remote Key was not OK"

How do I generate a valid certificate or get past this error?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
dimmm_2000 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: DATA Protector on win 10. Get SSL login error "SSL peer certificate or SSH remote Key was n

Hello,

I assume the Win 10 host is both Cell Manager and GUI host.

The first thing you should correct is to put a record in the hosts file about the cell manager host using IPv4 in the following format: IP  FQDN  Short name. This will ensure the SSL certificate is generated against the IPv4 IP. Check with ping <CM_FQDN>.

Second - if you have never used this installation the easier way is to uninstall DP and install it again (after step 1 is done). The certificate will be generated again.

You can regenerate the certificate following the procedure described here: /t5/Technical-Support-Services/DPTIPS-Generating-a-new-SSL-certificate-in-DP-9/ba-p/6811583#.WOyaelN97Vo (Or just Google)

or in other words by executing from Program Files\Omniback\bin: perl.exe omnigencert.pl -server_id <FQDN of CM> -user_id hpdp -store_pasword <storePassword>

You get the store password from C:\ProgramData\Config\Client\Components\webservice.properties

In very rare cases you need to remove the old certificate from C:\Users\<local user>\AppData\Local\Hewlett-Packard\Data Protector\ca.

I would go for the new installation.

Best regards

0 Likes
JJJ Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: DATA Protector on win 10. Get SSL login error "SSL peer certificate or SSH remote Key was n

I see this when DP is installed in test on VMWare Workstations that do not use DNS.

Set static IP and resinstall.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.