Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

DB2 Integration DP 10.50

Jump to solution

Hi i downloaded this guide for configuring DB2 integration with DP 10.50 .

DBA from customer made a question if Vendor parameter required offline backup first or not

Can you confirm me that?

Regards

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @Diego Biondo

What do you mean offline backup required first? 

The moment where you select the Vendor and the Offline backup are totally different and before you create the backup spec. 

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @Diego Biondo

What do you mean offline backup required first? 

The moment where you select the Vendor and the Offline backup are totally different and before you create the backup spec. 

Andres Fallas Salazar

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Victor im not familiarized with DB2 integration actually is the first time im going to make one. But DBA told me that with other software products when they selected vendor they had to make first an offline backup.

SO if you please tell me each step i have to execute to configure succesfully a DB2 integration would be very useful 

Regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Since I know that is not needed. 

The steps to configure the backup are in the guide explained: 
https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Data_Protector:2019.08/DB2UDBBackup#%3Cspan_id=%22kanchor2350%22%3E%3C/span%3E%3Cspan_id=%22kanchor2352%22%3E%3C/span%3E%3Cspan_id=%22kanchor2353%22%3E%3C/span%3ECreate_backup_specifications

Andres Fallas Salazar

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Thanks Victor for ANswering and clrifying my concerns

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.