Admiral
Admiral

DP 10.02 Edit Schedule Autoruns Job

Jump to solution

Due to Daylight Saving Time, I modified backup/report schedules to reflect the time change. Upon doing so, every job that was modified decided to start on its own. I thought this was resolved in bundle 10.02, but I was wrong. Is there a hotfix available for this horrible bug? If so, what is it?

0 Likes
16 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello @tkoehler@rgb99,

The  autorun issue has been finally resolved in A.10.10.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
Commander Commander
Commander

I beg to differ. I've just upgraded to DP 10.10 (14-Mar-2019). Had an issue where 1 of the backup schedules didn't run. So I took a copy and named it as xxxx_New, as soon as it was created, the backup ran a full!!! I'm new to DP 10.10 but couldn't see anywhere I could turn off automatic run when new backup was created.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @Kam_Melb,

This is a bug in the scheduler. Please upgrade to A.10.30 where this is finally fixed. With A.10.30 you have also the choice to use the "Legacy scheduler" which should be a great relief.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
0 Likes
Commander Commander
Commander

Thanks for the reply Sebastian. Much appreciated. Not sure if we'll upgrade to 10.30 since we've only just upgraded to 10.10. 

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @Kam_Melb,

You really should, because the upgrade is straight forward and it resolves plenty of issues including this one. Support should also have QCCR2A82321_HF2 that cures the issue on A.10.10.

As mentioned A.10.30 has the legacy scheduler and the omnidbutil -reinstate_legacy_schedules -force which can be used to undo the schedule migration to Web-based scheduler. The Legacy scheduler works better for most customers.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.