Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
DiAc Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

DP 10.20 list_schedules issue

Jump to solution

Hello!
I did a clean install of DP 10.20 on a Windows Server 2016 standard.
Devices and clients are added and backup specifications are created and work.

Now I struggle with the scheduling.

I configured some schedules with the web-based scheduler, they work.
Now I want to use the CLI to get the settings of a specific schedule.

C:\Windows\system32>omnidbutil -list_schedules -all
Preparing data...

ID Mode Recurrence Status Name
******************************************************************************************************************************
3c34885e-735f-47b2-8cb3-5cda95aae454 Incr WEEKLY Enabled Backup-idb-IDB_LTO7
bc734f10-931c-47ee-a081-ca6c55296e96 Full WEEKLY Enabled Backup-idb-IDB_LTO7
953d7a02-159d-4c35-8d71-c56e6b7fce7b Full MONTHLY Enabled Backup-filesystem-Shares-auf-BS
d4631f3e-42ee-4d27-a357-40136fa0a195 Incremental WEEKLY Enabled Backup-filesystem-Shares-auf-BS

I know there is a -detail switch , but I want the settings of only one schedule because in total there are meanwhile more than 20.

C:\Windows\system32>omnidbutil -list_schedules -spectype Backup -apptype IDB -specname Backup-idb-IDB_LTO7
No schedules configured for Backup-idb-IDB_LTO7 specification.

C:\Windows\system32>omnidbutil -list_schedules -spectype Backup -apptype datalist -specname Backup-filesystem-Shares-auf-BS
No schedules configured for Backup-filesystem-Shares-auf-BS specification.

C:\Windows\system32>omnidbutil -list_schedules -spectype Backup -apptype filesystem -specname Backup-filesystem-Shares-auf-BS
No schedules configured for Backup-filesystem-Shares-auf-BS specification.

C:\Windows\system32>omnidbutil -list_schedules -spectype Backup -apptype filesystem -specname 953d7a02-159d-4c35-8d71-c56e6b7fce7b
No schedules configured for 953d7a02-159d-4c35-8d71-c56e6b7fce7b specification.

Nothing works!!! Use of inverted commas do not help.

What is wrong with my CLI commands ?

Best regards, Dirk

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: DP 10.20 list_schedules issue

Jump to solution

Hello Dirk, 

I have DP 10.20 too. Let me explain to you how this command works. 

When you run this: 

C:\windows\system32>omnidbutil -list_schedules -all
Preparing data...

******************************************************************************************************************************
14d3e540-968b-4677-8f04-b052c4979c31 Full WEEKLY Enabled Backup-filesystem-Test
3436c6bc-71db-428a-a9fa-6e1d61155803 Full DAILY Enabled Backup-idb-DPIDB

The field name, is the name you give to the schedule, not to the backup specification. So, if I run this: omnidbutil -list_schedules -spectype Backup -apptype IDB -specname Backup-idb-DPIDB I received no answer: 

C:\windows\system32>omnidbutil -list_schedules -spectype Backup -apptype IDB -specname Backup-idb-DPIDB
No schedules configured for Backup-idb-DPIDB specification.

The correct way to complete the field -specname is with the name of the backup specification on the GUI. For example: image.png

With this name I can run the command:

C:\windows\system32>omnidbutil -list_schedules -spectype Backup -apptype IDB -specname DPIDB
3436c6bc-71db-428a-a9fa-6e1d61155803 full DAILY Enabled Backup-idb-DPIDB

I hope this clarifies your doubts,

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello Dirk, 

I have DP 10.20 too. Let me explain to you how this command works. 

When you run this: 

C:\windows\system32>omnidbutil -list_schedules -all
Preparing data...

14d3e540-968b-4677-8f04-b052c4979c31 Full WEEKLY Enabled Backup-filesystem-Test
3436c6bc-71db-428a-a9fa-6e1d61155803 Full DAILY Enabled Backup-idb-DPIDB

The field name, is the name you give to the schedule, not to the backup specification. So, if I run this: omnidbutil -list_schedules -spectype Backup -apptype IDB -specname Backup-idb-DPIDB I received no answer: 

C:\windows\system32>omnidbutil -list_schedules -spectype Backup -apptype IDB -specname Backup-idb-DPIDB
No schedules configured for Backup-idb-DPIDB specification.

The correct way to complete the field -specname is with the name of the backup specification on the GUI. For example: image.png

With this name I can run the command:

C:\windows\system32>omnidbutil -list_schedules -spectype Backup -apptype IDB -specname DPIDB
3436c6bc-71db-428a-a9fa-6e1d61155803 full DAILY Enabled Backup-idb-DPIDB

I hope this clarifies your doubts,

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
DiAc Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello Andres!
Thank you for your clarification with the "specname" .
Now it works.

The most detailed settings for a scheduled job are listed by using omnidbutil -export_schedules .
Only here I get the following:

"recurrenceType":"MONTHLY",
"everyNth":1,
"daysOfWeek":["SUN"],
"nthDayOfWeekInMonth":"THIRD",

"startTime":"02:00",
"recurrenceType":"WEEKLY",
"everyNth":1,
"daysOfWeek":["TUE","WED","THU","FRI","SAT"],

Thank you again and best regards, Dirk

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.