Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
El_Driblador Contributor.
Contributor.

DP 10.3 with multiple StoreOnce Software Stores

Hello

I would like to replace the existing DataProtector 9.8 environment which includes several StoreOnceSoftware stores.

I will install a new Data Protector 10.3 environment on a new Cell Server and import/reinstall the backup clients and media agents.

With the new firewall support the number of ports has been greatly reduced (5555/5565). But what I can't figure out is how the StoreOnceSoftware stores handles the communication with the new firewall support.

Do I have to create a firewall rule on the Media Agent for the storeoncesoftware.exe as described in the Admin Guide:

"Rule for StoreOnceSoftware.exe binary must be left in the inbound firewall exceptions. Since StoreOnceSoftware.exe does not support (third party code based) single port passing, but it does open inbound ports and accepts communication on them."

or do I still need to define an OB2PORTRANGE - Range?

Thanks

Patrick

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: DP 10.3 with multiple StoreOnce Software Stores

Hi Patrick

I understand  that port are opened automatically during installation.

Firewall configuration
Ensure that the following ports are open for incoming connections:
l 9387/tcp – command port (for StoreOnce Software systems and StoreOnce Backup systems.
l 9388/tcp – data port (for StoreOnce Software systems and StoreOnce Backup systems.
Ports 9387 and 9388 must be open in a firewall separating the target device from any gateways. (Windows systems: Ports
are opened during the installation process, UNIX systems: Ports must be manually opened.) For details on Data Protector
ports, see the Data Protector Help index: "port range".

Also you need create firewall rule for storeoncesoftware.exe as you mentioned.

Best Regards

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.