Trusted Contributor.. kofop Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

DP 10.40 windows client: visual c++ installation/upgrade problems

Jump to solution

I start to upgrade 10.30 -> 10.40, and on windows installations servers on windows 2016 R2 the DP10.40 windows client installer showing the follwing error messages. Sometimes it's helps to run manually vcredist_x64.exe sometimes it's a permanent problem. Any idea?

vb_error.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: DP 10.40 windows client: visual c++ installation/upgrade problems

Jump to solution

Hello all, 

This is a known issue. Sometimes the installer does not get the patches and also does not recognize the Visual Studio 2017 installed (btw, is Visual Studio 2017, not Visual C++). 

What you need to do is install the Visual Studio 2017 manually using the executable vcredist_x64.exe or vcredist_x86.exe. 

Then install DP with this MSI: Data Protector A.10.40.msi

This is documented here: 

https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/doc/KM03464075'

Also, thanks for letting us know where the issue is. 

Best regards,

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
10 Replies
Valued Contributor.. MathiasZ Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Jump to solution

I have seen this error on my older Win2k8R2- Servers with long update history. When starting the csetup.exe in debug- mode I have seen that MF uses systeminfo.exe to determine installed patches. Unfortunately this tool has an old known bug which prevents from showing a long list of patches.

From debug:

cut......

[243]: KB2909921
[244]: KB2911501
[245]: KB2912390
[246
Network Card(s): 1 NIC(s) Installed.
[01]: vmxnet3 Ethernet Adapter
Connection Name: Local Area Connection 3
DHCP Enabled: No
IP address(es)
[01]: 1x.1xx.1xx.1xx

[ 20]
Windows server 2008 R2 detected.

[ 20]
Either KB3118401 or KB2999226 is not installed on the system.

.....cut

If using wmic- tool the patch is seen....

So I have opened an incident and wait for an hotfix....

Hopefully this helps..

Mathias

Trusted Contributor.. kofop Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

I found that: https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Data_Protector:2019.05/PreInstallTasks

Update for Universal C Runtime in Windows

Ensure that the Data Protector server or client has the update for Universal C Runtime (UCRT) in Windows (KB2999226 or KB3118401). If KB2999226 or KB3118401 is not installed, download and install the appropriate patch for the Windows OS version of your Data Protector server or client from the following location:

If these UCRT patches are not installed, Data Protector installer exits with the following error message:

System is not compliant for Microsoft Visual Studio redistributable installation or required UCRT components are unavailable. See the "Windows OS and patch levels" section of the latest Data Protector documentation for compliance information.

The minimum Windows OS version and patch levels required for installing UCRT in a Data Protector server or a client is listed in the section Windows OS patch requirements.

0 Likes
New Member.. ChristianR
New Member..

Jump to solution
Hi,
same here.
Any new about the case?
Chris
0 Likes
Valued Contributor..

Jump to solution

No, still waiting...

0 Likes
New Member.. ChristianR
New Member..

Jump to solution
Is it possible, that you give me the case number? I want also open an incindet, and I want to refer to your case ....
0 Likes
Valued Contributor..

Jump to solution
SD02498813
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello all, 

This is a known issue. Sometimes the installer does not get the patches and also does not recognize the Visual Studio 2017 installed (btw, is Visual Studio 2017, not Visual C++). 

What you need to do is install the Visual Studio 2017 manually using the executable vcredist_x64.exe or vcredist_x86.exe. 

Then install DP with this MSI: Data Protector A.10.40.msi

This is documented here: 

https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/doc/KM03464075'

Also, thanks for letting us know where the issue is. 

Best regards,

Andres Fallas Salazar

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
Jenni_S Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

so glad you posted this - got me right out of my troubles - thank you

regards,
jenni

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, please click on KUDOS!
0 Likes
Valued Contributor..

Jump to solution

Just for information: I received an patched setup.exe which seems to work.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello all, 

If any of you need this fix, you can request it to support with this ID: QCCR2A84074 

Just open a case and request this hotfix. 

Regards, 

Andres Fallas Salazar

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.