Highlighted
Ensign
Ensign

DP 10.80 Windows client User Authentication failed

Hi,

There is a fresh DP 10.80 Linux server CM installation. There is also fresh Windows 10 Client installation (DP 10.80 as well). I was able to import client to CM, but I am not able to login from the client.

I cannot connect to CM using clients GUI.

I got an error message: "User Authentication failed" and to be more specific "Provided User or Password is not valid.".

I did add a user on CM using CLI (more then one 😉 ). I set a password. I configured secure connection.

I feel I am stucked now...

I can see in the logs on the server side...

/var/opt/omni/log/inet.log

Sat 21 Nov 2020 04:43:59 PM CET [BZC0FQ.LAP2@lap2] : GET_CACERT_FILE

/var/opt/omni/log/debug.log

{"error":"invalid_grant","error_description":"Invalid user credentials"}
[KeycloakRESTApiConnector::restMethodExecute] Response: 401 body:

{"error":"invalid_grant","error_description":"Invalid user credentials"}

I cannot see any issues on the client side log files.

The other issue is that I cannot use WebGUI. When I open CM webpage I can see just logo... no other controls just white page. I did try several browsers - issue is the same.

So, effectively I cannot login to CM from any client apart from CLI on the server.

I have worked on this issue all day today, but I was not successful and I do not have active contract to escalate it.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this further?

Thanks in advance for helping.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Ensign
Ensign

OK. I have found the issues. There where two:

1) incorrect widows workgroup/domain name

2) incorrect login user name - it looks it was not so obvious to put the right login name (should be Web Username not Name)

Now... I can login to Windows Client GUI 🙂

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.